Common goals & policy
The main objectives of the association are:
- to establish a common general policy and to make known and protect effectively, by collective discussion and action, the viewpoint of the tea and herbal infusions trade and industry;
- to make contact with current EU-officials and representatives of other organisations and to collaborate constructively with them in any matter related to the tea and herbal infusions trade and industry;
- to ensure a close contact between members and to inform them about any matters related to tea and herbal infusions trade and industry, especially on the development of EU legislation;
- to promote the Compendium of Guidelines for Tea and the Compendium of Guidelines for Herbal and Fruit Infusions as standards defining best practice for products in the sector;
- to generally perform everything which is in the interest of the tea and herbal infusions trade and industry.
In order to meet these objectives, THIE closely co-operates with other organisations on European and international level. It is member of FoodDrinkEurope (FDE), the Association of Wholesale, Import and Export Trade Hamburg (WGA) and participates in the FAO Intergovernmental Group on Tea.